Friday 16 September 2011

Arsenal Vs Blackburn Preview

Evening Gooners,

It seems like an eternity since we last spoke and you have to forgive me as I have been struggling juggling work responsibilities with this passion of mine. It is becoming apparent that with a 40+ hour week that I will be unable to religiously post every day but I assure you I am trying my best. I will always post pre match and post match analysis without fail… (I hope) and will endeavour to post as much in the interim. Please do continue to check daily as it is more than likely that a new post will await you.

Tomorrow we have a difficult away trip up north, something we are not overly confident with usually. Before I go on, yes I did say “difficult” and no I am not crazy. This will be a difficult tie for a number of reasons; they have their backs against the wall, they have some of the very qualities we find very difficult to deal with and lastly we are not great at the moment. All come together to make this a very tricky game.

Like I have been saying for the past two weeks, we have a great opportunity to put all the shit behind us by putting a run together. We were very close to getting a hard earned win midweek but were undone by a wonder strike. This weekend we are playing against a side struggling for form and having their fair share of bad luck which means they will do all they can do turn that around. We cannot get complacent but must continue the high work ethic demonstrated against Swansea and Dortmund.

This could, and in all honesty should take us a step further away from the disaster of Old Trafford. I simply do not think it will fade from memory but another victory and ideally a more comfortable one will put us in a position where we can look at it as more of an anomaly then the norm for our performances.

I see this game being a nervy and edgy encounter, as both sets of players are under intense speculation. For all of Arsenal’s current woes we have nowhere near the level of problems as tomorrow’s opponents, they are facing a protest, a possible managerial sacking and are rock bottom of the league. The longer it stays 0-0, the nervier it will get and it will be a battle of minds more so than that of skill.

If we can assert our authority on the game early or even get a lucky goal early on then that will go a huge way to calm the nerves and ensure we can play something closer to what we know we can play like.

I do think we will win and I think it will be a bit more comfortable a performance then we have been used to as of late. I can see us dictating the pace after a nervy start and this can be the perfect springboard to continue our bounce back. Two wins on the trot and alls back to normal. Well maybe not and not even close but it is vital we put 100% into every game and win in any way we can until we find our scintillating best.

I expect a strong team to be selected tomorrow with perhaps no change to the team that played against Dortmund. Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscienly, Gibbs, Song, Benayoun, Arteta, Walcott, Gervinho, Robin Van Persie is my guess but Gibbs could be rested/dropped and Benayoun similarly could face the drop. All in all we have a side more than capable of causing Blackburn problems.

In other the news the “did he, didn’t he” saga regarding Fabregas’ comments he said but didn’t but could have but never would. I was a little suspicious when I first heard the comments but was not entirely sure. I am pleased that this wasn’t the case but am appalled that the metro ran the story today given Fabregas’ denial last night. Hats off to the reporter and research team at a classy paper. Twats.

Anyway I am off to watch a film and do anything I can to keep myself busy for the next 16 hours as I find I am becoming less and less patient when waiting for us to play.

Come on Arsenal!

GoonerVerse.

No comments:

Post a Comment