Monday 25 June 2012

Giroud deal edging closer and back to reality


Evening all,

With England’s *shock* exit yesterday following yet another inept performance I wonder if sanity will be restored to the world.

Whilst I am disappointed I can’t help but feel with performances like the last few we have had, that we may have been on the wrong side of a serious spanking at the hands of the Germans, had we somehow managed to get through yesterday. Also in fairness to Italy, they did play pretty well, some nice attacking play and could have had anywhere up to six goals.

With regards to Arsenal, there is not much by the way of news at the moment other than further titbits suggesting that the Giroud deal is nearing completion. There are some interesting quotes in The Sun attributed to Giroud and despite the source it does correlate with what we suspect of the dealings at the moment.

“I am so happy to be signing for Arsenal — it is something that represents so much for me. I’ve always dreamed of playing in the Premier League and Arsenal are a great club with many French players.”

Unfortunately there is not an awful lot more to really say at the moment so I guess I will have to leave it there. Let’s hope Arsenal give me something to write home about.

Good night,

GoonerVerse

2 comments:

  1. SAMUEL A . TURAY26 June 2012 at 02:35

    Giroud is a fine player but the board should buy more notable and known players to make the fans happy and make the team more committed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Giroud will ease some of the pressure on van Persie. He is a good signing but as always, we have to wait and see. I think he is promising though. Still young, too.

    ReplyDelete