Monday 9 January 2012

Arsenal vs Leeds preview: Team news, injury update and King Henry to feature!


Hi all,

Sorry once again for the dearth of material but as usual work has reared its ugly head once more which has largely prohibited me from posting anything in the past week. To be fair I have done very little apart from work, sleep and eat so much so that I am absolutely sick with it. The cure? Arsenal playing on a Monday night.

Whilst it has been a shock to the system not playing on the weekend, I am quite excited at the prospect of the bleakness of my life being saved by my one true love. And to top it off, Thierry Henry, the absolute legend is back and whilst I have been sceptical as to how good he may be I have to admit I am relishing see him come on today.

The team news is strange and it is understood that Arsene Wenger will opt for a strong team this evening with him rejecting the chance to give Theo Walcott a much needed rest. Also, I hope I am wrong in saying this but it seems as though Almunia may get the nod today and start. The injuries remain the same and Robin Van Persie will definitely be rested as well as a suspension to Johan Djourou being the only forced changes.

The team I expect to play tonight will be:

                                                            Almunia


Koscienly                    Miquel                                     Mertesacker                 Coquelin


                                                            Song


                                    Benayoun                                Rosicky


Walcott                                               Chamakh                                 Chamberlain

I expect a tough game but with the quality out there on display one would expect that even this Arsenal side who likes to make things so tough for themselves, will be able to win this. With Henry also confirmed to be on the bench one dreams of a fairytale beginning to his second spell in the red and white.

That’ll have to do for today.

Come on you gunners!!!

GoonerVerse.

No comments:

Post a Comment