Tuesday 25 October 2011

Arsenal vs Bolton Preview


Another morning another hangover,

Imagine my delight when you have to try and be a normal human being when you are being interrogated by the in-laws to be, about all your imperfections and most of all about your dislike for anyone that doesn’t support arsenal. Worse still, the sister was promoting the sport of rugby; yes I am sure you have heard of the turd filled platter of delight. All the while pretending to be a nice person and put on a façade is not necessarily my idea of fun. Especially when you want to scream at people!

Anywhoooo, today Arsenal are playing so that places me in a better mood. We have the added benefit of seeing some of the players we do not normally get to see. I know a lot of people complain with a number of things around the Carling Cup but I do love the fact that we give a platform to our future stars. I would love to see Miyachi as for all accounts I am hearing on his performance in training and the like is excellent. Similarly with the Ox. I therefore find it slightly perplexing they haven’t had more game time. Perhaps a sign of the times where experience was essential or perhaps extra caution to not create the pressure that surrounded players such as Theo. Either way I will enjoy watching these players given a chance.

Team news is always difficult to predict in such games given the level of rotation but there are murmurs of a return for Vermaelan. Whilst that would be delightful I under no circumstances wish to see him rushed back. To be fair to his replacements, he may find it difficult returning to the starting line up if results continue in this fashion. I know we have Bolton tonight but I have more than just an eye on Saturday and a win there and I may have to indulge in a night of self love whilst watching the match again.

I expect a team of Fabianski, Djourou, Miquel, Squillaci, Santos, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, The Ox, Park, Chamakh although I would much rather Chamakh fuck off for Miyachi to play. I would expect a closer to full strength side for Bolton when compared to ours. They are under all sorts of pressure at the moment and Coyle will need the win. This would provide a decent test for these players and as such I look forward to seeing it.

I predict an Arsenal win as I usually do but I have a feeling it may be quite convincing with a star performance from the Ox increasing the pressure on the manager to include him.

Here’s to hoping I am right for a change!

GoonerVerse!

No comments:

Post a Comment